About Me

My photo
New Orleans, La, United States
I like to write about the things in this world that excite, anger, and inspire me.

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Ten Minute, No Bake Summer Dessert: "Tiramisu" pudding cups

Two things I love on a level that is probably somewhat unreasonable:
1. Tiramisu, the coffee-and-custard layered cake of Italian heaven
2. No-bake desserts, especially in summer time

Thus, today, after seeing a picture of a perfectly constructed tiramisu cake on someone's facebook feed, I decided to combine the two. My first priority was eschewing the somewhat tedious and time-consuming construction of a traditional tiramisu. On top of that, I only used ingredients already in my pantry, and I refused to turn the oven on. What I came up with was a 10 to 15 minute pudding concoction that I wouldn't be ashamed to serve at a fancy party. 

Tiramisu pudding cups
Ingredients:
-One package Jello instant pudding in cheesecake flavor
-1/2 tbsp coffee extract (You could also use espresso powder, but I like the vague booziness of extract)
-a couple handfuls Nilla wafers
-a couple handfuls semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (mini chips if possible)
-unsweetened cocoa powder

Directions:
1. Combine pudding packet and cold milk as instructed on packet, allow time to set
2. Whisk in coffee extract until smoothly combined
3. Crush Nilla wafers into chunks and add to pudding (The ratio of pudding:wafers:chocolate is up to you)
4. Add chocolate chips
5. Spoon or pipe into serving cups and sprinkle with cocoa powder
6. Serve room temperature or (preferably) chilled